Tuesday 11 January 2011

Bedknobs and Broomsticks

I am not convinced that anything that has happened to me over the past couple of days is of any interest to anyone but me. I have largely spent my time reading scientific papers and drawing diagrams for my dissertation. I can't imagine that anyone else is even remotely interested in any of that, so I have decided to show you some pictures of my new bed instead.   


This is the first major thing that I have ever truly owned and it is the first thing that the boy and I have bought for our house. It is all very grown-up and exciting and isn't it pretty? The trunk behind is a project for the future; an old travelling trunk that belonged to the boy's grandfather. Once I am free of el dissertationo, I am going to restore the lining so that we can use it for storing our bed-linen. 


It really is the most beautiful bed. I particularly love the sultry shadows it casts on the wall.



All this talk of the new bed has made me long to curl up in it, so I shall sign off for now and think of something really exciting to tell you, next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments & hope you have a lovely day!