Saturday 8 January 2011

A New Year: A New Pastime

Those of you who know me, will know that I am one of those people who likes to take on a lot at once. Perhaps it is a fear of being bored or perhaps it is an inability to turn down anything that excites me for fear of missing out. Whatever the reason, this propensity for being busy means that I am often seen running around like a headless chicken (a saying that I have loved since I was a little girl and one which has taken on a much more graphic meaning after several trips to rural India). 2011 is due to be the most headless one yet. 

On the eve of the new year, I was excitedly preparing for a rush of productivity and the turning-over of several new leaves, when I was suddenly struck down with a rather crippling case of flu. The exact same flu that I had been mercilessly calling 'Man-flu' whilst my poor, suffering father languished in bed dreaming of a sympathetic daughter. 

During the subsequent few days in which I was the one stuck in bed, I thought a lot about my plans for the year and my mind started to boggle slightly (a much underused phrase). I have thousands of thoughts whizzing round my head at the best of times, but what with a dissertation and a third of a textbook to write, not to mention the entire score for Mozart's Requiem to learn in six weeks, I think my mind might need a bit of an outlet. Too old to have a secret diary with a pink key and rather too young to write memoirs on an antique typewriter (although that might be fun), I settled on the idea of writing a blog. It is difficult to know at this stage whether I have anything going on in my life that is worth reading about, but we shall see. 
For now, Happy New Year! Naomi. Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments & hope you have a lovely day!