Wednesday 1 June 2011

Red Icing and Pink Peppercorns

I think this 'celebration of the little things' malarkey is doing me the world of good. Today has been really productive and I feel so much happier! I also heard from a friend (hello Freya!) that my post yesterday had cheered her up, so the plan is definitely working! The most exciting thing that happened today is that I hit the 10,000 word mark of my dissertation (yey!) and rewarded myself handsomely with a Jaffa cake, iced with my milestone, written in red for all to see. I think I may have gone slightly doolally, but writing down and, more importantly, eating my achievements, seems to make them all the more satisfying! Speaking of eating, I made myself a very tasty worker's lunch today - cheese, crackers, nuts and strawberries, including Moody's Rosary Pink Peppercorn Goats Cheese; the prettiest cheese in the world. I also had a lovely break from work this afternoon, to wrap a present for my friend who is leaving the country on friday, to pursue her elective medical placement in South America. It's amazing to think that this time last year, I was about to embark on my own placement, in India. My my, how time flies...I should probably get back to work, but all-in-all, a good day, thanks to the little things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments & hope you have a lovely day!