Thursday 1 September 2011

Discarded, Found, Restored, Loved

It's about time I showed you my new finished project. You might remember that I bought this old chair for four measly pounds in a charity shop. It was in pretty good nick when I bought it, apart from a few scuffs and paint stains on its St. Tropez varnish. Well, after a lot of sanding, an undercoat and two coats of beautiful pavillion grey, it now looks simply wonderful (even if I do say so myself). Just need to do something about that carpet now. 

6 comments:

  1. I am sitting on a chair just like that,in fact I have 4 of them (and a table) do you fancy a trip to the shire with your paint pot? That looks amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work there- much better than my shoddy attempt to paint our dining chairs, they are chipped and ruined already. Thankyou for finding my blog, pleased to meet you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why thank you! It is a pleasure to meet you too. I love your blog and am completely in awe of all your amazing makings, which put mine to shame! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job! I have painted white chairs for my kitchen table too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brittany, thank you. It is so satisfying to have something homemade. I just checked your chairs out and they are gorgeous. Xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments & hope you have a lovely day!