Friday 25 November 2011

Coming up for air

Sorry for being such a terrible blogger lately. The old saying 'it never rains, but it pours' is one which I have found great solice in repeating to myself over the past couple of weeks. I don't usually like to write about the mundane, stressful and sad parts of my life. I have considered it several times; not wanting to give the impression that life is always rosy, but then I remember why I started this blog, which was to allow myself to take the time to process and share the lovely things that are happening, to help me to cope with everything else. I therefore won't bother you with what has been going on, but suffice it to say that I have had plenty of good and sad reminders that life is short, fragile and never to be wasted. The Ginge is taking me away for the weekend to Harrogate. It will be such a wonderful opportunity to get a bit of breathing space, somewhere new and untainted by my cares and worries. I am going to switch off my phone, leave my laptop at home and sink into the remoteness and freedom of ignorance. Simple things are all I need at times like this, so we are planning to enjoy a blissful morning in a victorian hammam, eat hot, buttered teacakes at Betty's tearoom and take to the hills for a walk, to blow the cobwebs well and truly away. I am all packed and ready to go, as soon as I can finish at work. I hope you all have similarly nice things to look forward to this weekend and that you too get a bit of space to wonder at what it means to feel alive.


3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear you've had a rough time of it lately - a trip away is always a good cure for stress, I hope you have a lovely weekend!

    Cat xxx
    http://www.takecourageblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope that you have time to rest and process the hard times and may you have a few happy moments that catch you by surprise x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, lovely ladies. It's so nice to read such heart-warming things. The weekend was just what we both needed and should keep me going for a little while at least. Xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments & hope you have a lovely day!