Sunday 6 November 2011

Pottering About

This weekend has been a bit of a slow one (or a 'sloe' one as I'm sure the Ginge would say). Unfortunately, I haven't been very well and the Ginge has been working nights, so I have just been bumbling around the house on my own for most of the time. I must say that I really hate it when he is on nights as I get so lonely and dislike being limited to seeing him for a rushed two hours per day. It is quite a good opportunity to get things done though. I have made sloe gin, cooked some tasty suppers and comforted myself by baking my mum's dropped scones. I didn't manage to get to any fireworks, but I poked my head out of the skylight and watched the multiple, distant displays exploding all over the city. Did you have more success with bonfire night? 

5 comments:

  1. I love the image of the bird...I've had a slow weekend too and suffering with tonsillitis (boo) hope you feel better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love the magpie image, it is that time of year when folks drop like flies, feel better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, lovely ladies.

    @ Katie & Dawn - I love the magpie too. It only appeared recently, along with another slightly different one further up the road. I think there may be a series of them around Sheffield, which must be investigated.

    @Katie - Sorry to hear you've had tonsilitis - I bet you felt wretched. I hope you're better now.

    @Brittany - it's all about thrifted plates. This one cost be the grand sum of 50p!

    ReplyDelete
  4. loving the look of thoes drop scones!!!! x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments & hope you have a lovely day!