Monday 2 January 2012

Festivities

I know it's not really Christmas anymore, but I thought I'd share with you some of the highlights of the festive season. Laughing and crying at the beautiful wedding of Jay & Kimberley, Christmas peppermint and chocolate cupcake at Fancie, crisp strolls around my hometown: Bradford on Avon, singing folk carols in the pub with my Dad, Bath all dressed up for the season, the best sandwich in the world at Jika Jika, reminiscing over the memories invoked by our family tree decorations, dancing in the street with the Ginge to the music of Jazz-band elves, feeling ten years old again by making croissants from a can (finally they have brought these back to the UK), the perfect Christmas lunch (following a famous family incident, we have guinea fowl instead of turkey with 'hedgehog' potatoes, lots of veg and a big dollop of homemade bread sauce), Boxing Day Christmas with my second family, dressing up in my Christmas presents and feeling so pleased with myself that I actually managed (with difficulty) to have a nice photo taken. The Ginge and I had a separate Christmas, which I will post about separately (that will be the last, I promise). 






3 comments:

  1. I used to make those canned croissants all the time haha! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you too, lady! I was so excited to find the croissants, but it's just as well my local shop doesn't sell them, otherwise I literally would make them all the time! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! So nice to find your blog and thank you so much for following mine! I love your photos in this post (and the others)! I hope your having a great 2012 so far :-) Rebekah x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments & hope you have a lovely day!